Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 2003 17:39:10 +0000
From:      AMAKAWA Shuhei <sa264@cam.ac.uk>
To:        Tim Burgess <tim@queens.unimelb.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: keep-state checking of interface?

At Sun, 19 Jan 2003 02:57:38 +1100,
Tim Burgess wrote:

> So, it would be nice if the stateful rules could be tied to a
> particular interface using some kind of syntax.  I realise that a lot
> of simple firewalls don't really take into account that the packets
> pass through (possibly) twice, so the original syntax would be relied
> upon by many users, however for situations like ours (which I don't
> imagine are rare) it would be very nice to have.

Something like this, perhaps?

10 check-state
100 skipto 1000 ip from any to any via abc0
101 skipto 2000 ip from any to any via abc1
102 allow ip from any to any via abc2

1001 skipto 1500 tcp from 1.2.3.0/24 to any 80,443,110,22 in recv abc0 keep-state
1002 deny ip from any to any
1500 allow ip from any to any via abc0
1999 deny ip from any to any

2001 allow tcp from any to 4.5.6.10 80
2002 allow tcp from 4.5.6.10 80 to any established
2003 skipto 2500 tcp from 4.5.6.11 to any 25 in recv abc1 keep-state
2004 deny ip from any to any
2500 allow ip from any to any via abc1
2999 deny ip from any to any

When a match is found by check-state, the associated "skipto" is
executed rather than allow.  Then you can perform some extra
checking.  I don't know if my example above is correct, but you get
the idea?

--
Shuhei