Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:17:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Igor Roshchin <str@komkon.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   libxml2 - will it be updated? (security vulnerability)

Hello!

libxml2 which is used by various applications outside of Gnome itself
is reported to have known security vulnerabilities.
I just looked at libxml2 website and I see that FreeBSD ports are
several versions (and about half a year) behind the source.
(the version 2.7 which presumably fixed the problem was released on Aug.
30, while FreeBSD port is stuck at 2.6.32: Apr 8 2008)

I do not mean to blaim anybody (I know that there was a port freeze
recently), - I am just trying to alert people in
charge for this port, in case it slipped through the cracks.

Best regards,

Igor

Igor Roshchin
KomKon Sites