Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 18:25:04 -0700
From:      "Lucky Green" <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD problem: $50 reward.

Fifty bucks to the person that is first to help me solve this problem.

I have a brand new Asus A7V333 motherboard with the latest BIOS version
1007. I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.6 via floppies onto a brand new
Western Digital WD1200AB 120GB IDE drive. I have installed FreeBSD many
times before going back to FreeBSD 2.x.

The partition editor and disklabel only see 8056MB of my 120GB drive. In
other words, I am being stopped by the 8.4GB barrier. Obviously, Asus'
new motherboard supports IDE drives larger than 8.4GB.  Following some
suggestions, I wrote a slice and disklabels to the drive at 8.4GB. This
did not help. The drive is still only being recognized at 8.4GB.

Any suggestions how to overcome the problem are appreciated. I need to
very badly copy some data from a FireWire drive with FAT32 partitions
onto the new FreeBSD installation before 6 AM PDT.

Thanks in advance,
--Lucky