Date:      Wed, 28 May 2003 11:20:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendfile(2) SF_NOPUSH flag proposal

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Igor Sysoev wrote:
> > >
> > > I think on NetBSD and OpenBSD, a single search-engine query
> > > would show you three experimental implementations, all of
> > > which have the FreeBSD syntax.
> >
> > I did not found any.
>
> Are you using an academically good search engine, or are you
> using a commercial one, like Google and Yahoo?

  Are you going to tell us where we can find this academically good search
engine, or are we to play charades?

> I suggest the search terms "sendfile" and "openbsd", or the
> terms "sendfile", "netbsd", "splice".  Even Google finds some
> mailing list chatter about those (the interesting one is by
> Jason Thorpe from Wasabi Systems, and is in Japanese).

  Actually that isn't Japanese.  Chinese (traditional) I would guess, but
certainly not Japanese.  Anyway, if you want a less obscure reference, perhaps
the tech-kern mention of splice() with a reference to the USENIX abstract
would have been more useful:
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/1999/05/07/0008.html

  Kelly

--