Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 1999 00:34:21 +0800 (WST)
From:      Michael Kennett <mike@laurasia.com.au>
To:        rlinwood@designstein.com (Ryan Linwood)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail relaying problem

Hi Ryan,

> Okay guys,
> very stupid one for you but I can't seem to find my answer in the man pages or
> any of my references.
> I need to add a few domains to the allow relaying list in my access.txt file.
> I've added them but how do I rebuild the access.db file?

Umm... I do relaying a little bit differently (but I'm no sendmail guru).
In the /etc/sendmail.cf there is the line:

  FR-o /etc/mail/relay-domains

So I've created the file /etc/mail/relay-domains, and added in the hosts
(actually, a couple of IP addresses) that I'm allowing relaying for (one
per line).

I don't know anything about the access.txt/.db files.

Hope this helps,

Mike Kennett
(mike@laurasia.com.au)

P.S.
  No question is stupid. Just an unwillingless to learn :-)