Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:58:25 +0200 (CEST)
From:      avleeuwen@piwebs.com
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Loader failure when booting from CompactFlash

I'm trying to boot a compact -CURRENT installation from a CompactFlash
disk on a Lex Light mini system (see www.lex.com.tw).

If I boot from a hard drive, it works fine, but when I boot from the
CompactFlash, it crashes immediately when attempting to start the loader.
It gives an error message, but the system immediately restarts, so I can't
read it. The CompactFlash disk boots fine in a completely different
system.

Is there something strange about the BIOS of this PC that requires special
options for the bootloader? If not, is there a way to stop the system from
rebooting so that I can see the error message?

Thanks,

Arjan