Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 1999 00:56:19 +0800 (WST)
From:      Michael Kennett <mike@laurasia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail relaying problem

Sorry for following up so quickly on my own post...

> > Okay guys,
> > very stupid one for you but I can't seem to find my answer in the man pages or
> > any of my references.
> > I need to add a few domains to the allow relaying list in my access.txt file.
> > I've added them but how do I rebuild the access.db file?

[CUT]

> I don't know anything about the access.txt/.db files.

In light of my later comment....

> P.S.
>   No question is stupid. Just an unwillingless to learn :-)

...if the access.txt/.db files are a good way to do relaying, then I'm
willing to learn more about it!

Actually, the mail server is running OpenBSD (hope that's OK in this group :-),
and there are a few differences between the sendmail.cf files between the
systems.

I've just checked the FreeBSD sendmail.cf, and it has the line (along with
a bunch of rewriting rules):

  Kaccess hash -o /etc/mail/access

The OpenBSD sendmail.cf doesn't have this directive.
(They both have the FR-o /etc/mail/relay-domains directive).

What are the differences between these methods of relaying?

Regards,

Mike Kennett
(mike@laurasia.com.au)

----- End of forwarded message from Michael Kennett -----