Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 23:33:19 +0100
From:      Gareth Gunning <ggunning@esatclear.ie>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI modem (not a winmodem)

Hello

I have a Microlink 56k PCI HCF modem, that I wish to get working
under FreeBSD 4.3 so I went to the hand book, nothing. I then
went to the mailing lists and nothing conclusive. As far as I
know this modem is NOT a wimmodem.
So I am wondering how do I get it up and running?
I have benign trying things like
GENERIC:
device          sio0    at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4
device          sio1    at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3
device          sio2    at isa? disable port IO_COM3 irq 5
device          sio3    at isa? disable port IO_COM4 irq 9
or
MakeupIdea:
device          sio0    at pci?

The manual that came with the card says
Interrupts: 1 interrupt 0 and 15
so do I have to mess with the sio settings?
as far as I can see the most I have got out
of the card so far is:
pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x14f1, dev=0x1034) at 13.0 irq 11

What should my next steps be?

Thanks for you Help

Gareth.