Date:      Sun, 03 Jun 2001 18:22:55 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Walter Betancourt <walt@betan.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel nic

Walter Betancourt writes:
> Kulraj,
>
> You gotta forgive me for being very dense,
>
> I must have looked at the rc.conf a dozen times and not saw the
> network_interfaces line,
>
> changed dc0 to fxp0 and all is well,

And please forgive some of the rest of use for not thinking to suggest
it earlier because at some point network_interfaces became un-needed.
Well, at least not if you set it to "auto" as it is in
/etc/defaults/rc.conf

So, if you have an interface you don't want configured at boot then you
need to list all but that interface in "network_interfaces". Otherwise
don't list that line at all and let the default of "auto" generate a
list using "ifconfig -l". Search /etc/rc.network for network_interfaces
and you'll see what I mean.
--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net