Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 1999 17:32:46 -0600
From:      "chris" <hal3000@athenet.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   fbsd minimal install

Hi,
   I see your website says you need a minimum of 60megs HD for a minimal
install.With that in mind I removed linux from my 386 sx with 81meg HD and
have been trying to install (from ftp) for three days.
I understand it will be a small install without much in it .....I currently
use picobsd quite a bit, the problem with picobsd is it doesn't have
lynx...and I dont know how to get and run lynx from a dos partition.
I had run dos with a dos linux called monkey linux (a small slackware hack)
and had telnet,
ftp, lynx, ssh, x and Netscape 3.0.
I felt that for the 386 the x and Netscape worked too slowly and took up
too much room this room was paid for by not having many libs installed so
it was hard to get binaries from outside sources to run...which is why I
turned to freebsd...I know I was very happy with picobsd's dialin and all I
want is a standard library in a non-x os that will telnet ftp and browse
www in lynx after all who could expect much more out of a 386...is there
something I'm doing wrong in my install?Is it possible that a 60meg install
can't be had via ftp?i've tried 2.2.7 , 2.2.8 , 3.0
sorry for the bother but any help would be appreciated.
thanks Chris Chomo