Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:26:41 +0000 (GMT+00:00)
From:      auto245751@hushmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Intel 815E Graphics Chipset (was: RE: FreeBSD 4.2 Installation - Keyboard Problem + RANT)

--Hushpart_boundary_aWtckyjdbaoQUuHoqtWlKeiMMxeTYffw

Ok, I have my keyboard problem fixed. I was dealing with a USB keyboard,
 not a PS/2 keyboard (my bad). The solution was to disable the "USB legacy
support" in the BIOS, which I discovered today during some experimentation.
What happens now is that the keyboard won't work when it has that booting
in 10 seconds thing (enter key won't work), but it DOES work like a charm
after the device probes, presumably because the FreeBSD code takes over.
I can live with this.

I now have FreeBSD 4.2-R installed, usbd is running nicely, the third mouse
button is working (which is neat, cuz I couldn't get it working with my
old mouse on 3.3-R), and I feel like the stick has been pulled out of my
ass.

Our new goal, boys and girls, is to get X working with my Intel 815E AGP
graphics chipset. By the way, X fails to start if the securelevel is > -
1. I don't know if that's mentioned in the docs, but it can be very confusing
considering that a security profile configuration can raise the securelevel.
Someone may want to fix that.

Anyway, awaiting suggestions for my Intel 815E graphics chipset. I'll mention
it on an X newsgroup or something too.

Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com
--Hushpart_boundary_aWtckyjdbaoQUuHoqtWlKeiMMxeTYffw--

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.