Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 14:39:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Stephen Derdau <sderdau@bit-net.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ALMOST THERE !!! DHCP client

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Stephen Derdau wrote:
> Now I would like to have my cable access work similar to
> the way  dial up ppp -alias works.
> I use to dial in and have all my local computers
> accessing over the dialup connection

You need to run natd and add ipfirewall support to your kernel.
Run natd with just the interface specified (no other options
normally required)

i.e.  natd -i ed0

For starters just use a firewall type of "open" and add the following
as the first rule

/sbin/ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via ed0

The natd man page has very good instructions if you run into problems.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, a California corporation        dan@dpcsys.com