Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2013 12:30:01 GMT
From:      Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/175532: x11/xdm: /bin/cp -n /usr/local/share/examples/xdm/GiveConsole /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm/GiveConsole *** [post-install] Error code 1

The following reply was made to PR ports/175532; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>
To: "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/175532: x11/xdm: /bin/cp -n /usr/local/share/examples/xdm/GiveConsole
 /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm/GiveConsole *** [post-install] Error code 1
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:16:17 +0100

 On 02/02/13 13:04, O. Hartmann wrote:
 > Am 02/02/13 11:21, schrieb Niclas Zeising:
 >>>>

 >>> Have you used NEW_XORG=YES in make.conf? I use those bits to build the
 >>> most recent stuff and I realized  this causes problems since several
 >>> changes a couple of days ago.
 >>>
 >>> Oliver
 >>>

 >> Yes.  What other problems are you referring to?  x11/xdm is the same
 >> version regardless of WITH_NEW_XORG.
 >> Regards!
 >>

 > Those problems are related to other ports, databases/akonadi or
 > deskutils/kdepimlibs4 which refuse to compile not finding qmake (which
 > is installed as qmake-qt4).
 >
 > From time to time I realized running CURRENT, it is wise to recompile
 > ports. So I did with xorg and xdm since they had been compiled in the
 > CLANG 3.1 era and now we are with CLANG 3.2 and with libc++.
 >
 > When I performed a "portmaster -w -r xorg xdm", I found myself lost with
 > the reported error and with a deleted pkg database entry for xdm.
 > x11/xdm wasn't even reported installed then - but the binaries of the
 > new build were obviously there.
 >
 > It is not the first time that portmaster deletes a port and at the very
 > end it fails and refuses updating the database, like it happened with
 > x11/xdm.

 Without knowing any details, that sounds partly like a problem with
 portmaster...  As I said, I can't reproduce the xdm issue locally,
 although I do not use portmaster, and most of my builds are done with a
 tinderbox of some sort.
 Regards!
 --
 Niclas Zeising