Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:23:47 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem building with doc/ll_LL symlinked

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 06:44:38 +0300
Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 2004-10-28 00:58, Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to translate some docs in Romanian.
> >
> > So I have symlinked
> > /usr/doc/ro_RO.ISO8859-2 -> /home/itetcu/projects/FRDP/freebsd-ro-l10n/doc/ro_RO.ISO8859-2
>
> Don't.  It's not really going to work.

 [ ... ]

> If you don't explicitly set DOC_PREFIX the makefiles will try to
> `discover' its correct value by using the real path of the current
> directory.  This will not work for symlinked directories.

Yeh, I've seen the realpath thing it looking through doc.*.mk
 Thanks.

Another question now:

What should I do to have the docs built with ISO8859-2 instead of ISO8859-1 ?
I mean the correct
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//RO"
and the right fonts in PDF files.

For now I can set the browser manually to ISO...-2, but this doesn't work on pdf's

A "quick" look at the other translations and the *mk's didn't help.

Grr, I feel like I was when writing the first port; I'll try not to make
some much noise now ;)

Thanks,

--
IOnut