Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 1997 18:06:17 -0500
From:      adam@choice.net (Mark Knipfer)
To:        Randy Katz <randyk@ccsales.com>
Cc:        orders@cdrom.com, support@cdrom.com, info@FreeBSD.ORG, support@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD v2.1.7

On Sun, 30 Mar 1997 12:53:16 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

Randy,

I have been trying to get some kind of help, assistance, and even answers with
the FreeBSD v2.1.7 operating system and no one would help me or tried.  I
thought if I write an e-mail message stating various details, I *MIGHT* get an
answer.  I'm not being abusive at all, just don't like being avoided in solving
a problem my patience have worn down.  I was not aiming at anyone, just a
general message, and this time I was somewhat answered/discovered.

I work for a local software company and know how hard it is to write various
programs, much less than an Operating System.  It may be a great operating
system, although not working for me on the system that I use.  I write small
applications for Windows 95/NT, and it takes great deal of time and effort to
get it working properly.  I do assist the users who use any of my programs
(although these are specifically written for their needs).

The only thing that I am attempting to do, is learn, use and gain knowledge of
the operating system.  If I *CAN* install this Operating System (OS), I will
use it since I am wanting to move to a higher level of an OS.  Its not a very
popular OS as Windows 95/NT and finding someone with average to good knowledge
is rare (at least for me right now).  If I can get some help to install the OS,
I will install it and use it, although currently it seems my battle is coming
to an end, along with my frustrations.