Date:      Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:28:16 +0200
From:      "Cole" <cole@opteqint.net>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Intel PRO/1000 MF Dual Port Server Adapter.

Hi

Im running FreeBSD 4.9, and I have a Intel Pro/1000 MF Dual Port Server Adapter Fibre.
Ive downloaded the drivers that intel provide on the site for this card, namely the em-1.7.35a drivers, and they dont work. I should
be able to see 2 ports, or rather 2 em interfaces with this card. But no matter what, I only see the one.

I tried to mail the email address at the bottom of the readme file included with the drivers, and it just bounces.
pciconf -lv shows the card as this.

em0@pci1:0:0:   class=0x020000 card=0x11098086 chip=0x10098086 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'

Therefore, the vendor id is 8086, which is intel, and the device id is then 1009. Looking at the driver code included in the
if_em_hw.h file. It has this line for that devid.
#define E1000_DEV_ID_82544EI_FIBER       0x1009

Now, this is wrong, since I know that the pro 1000mf dual server card is using the 82546 chipset. Also looking at the driver code, I
see they have added support for a 82546EI Fibre card, and 82546GB Fibre card, and im not sure if this card is meant to be using one
of those other devid's?

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if there is a patch out or updated drivers that intel arent aware of? Or if
anyone has any ideas that I could try to solve this? Anything would be helpful at this point.

Regards
/Cole