Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:14:35 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Ivan Frosty <ivanfrosty@gmail.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how play dvd / vcd

Quoting Ivan Frosty <ivanfrosty@gmail.com> (from Mon, 27 Aug 2007 =20
13:20:29 +0300):

> hello there, i want to play dvd / vcd files from a dvdrom
> drive........... do i have to mount the rom? however, i have an ntfs
> xp file system thats always on /mnt. do i  have to unmount /mnt then
> mount the dvdrom?

No. Just use one of the multimedia applications which are able to play =20
DVD/VCDs. There are a lot... mplayer, xine, vlc, totem, ...

> well............i do have a virtue drive which alcohol for windows
> created..............it must be one of those............i
> think........
>
> well, again, how do i load alcohol images created from windows xp esp movi=
es?

I don't know what kind of images alcohol creates, but if they are just =20
plain 1:1 copies, then you just need to point you player to the file.

> another issue is:
>
> there is a project i want to work on, sms from website to cellphone,
> what should i use? python? c? i will be glad if you point me to the

The one which you know the best and seems to be suited for this to you.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
YOW!!  I'm in a very clever and adorable INSANE ASYLUM!!

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137