Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 1996 08:14:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@tetard.glou.eu.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org (hackers)
Subject:   Re: -current kills harddrives

Julian H. Stacey écrit / writes:

> & then there was my ex colleague in London, who decided `acceptance test'
> included getting all the _big_ drives in a row of racks to head seek the
> same way, at the same time, & then tuning to resonant frequency of the
> row of racks ... !

	Ahh, there, I knew we'd get there one day : WALKING DISK DRIVES !
	See the Jargon File for the appropriate entry :-)

	BTW,  I'm writing up a "Hardware  maintenance"  section -- could be
	useful in the handbook   (proper ventilation, do's and dont's),  or
	does this seem too way out of line with FreeBSD ?

	Any suggestions / tips ?

								-- Phil

--
-[ Philippe Regnauld / regnauld@eu.org / +55.4N +11.3E @ Sol3 / +45 31241690 ]-
-[ "To kärve or nøt to kärve, that is the qvestion..."          -- My sister ]-