Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 2009 23:22:46 +0100
From:      Wiktor Niesiobedzki <bsd@w.evip.pl>
To:        Jung-uk Kim <jkim@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-embedded <freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org>, freebsd-amd64 <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 64-bit support on VIA C7 - on FreeBSD 8.0

2009/12/3 Jung-uk Kim <jkim@freebsd.org>:
>> As far as I understand, this processor should support 64-bit mode
>> and I should be able to boot amd64 FreeBSD.
>
> No, C7 does not support long mode. =C2=A0New Nano family does.

Yes, that's where I got mislead. I've read about Nano processor and
that's supporting 64-bit, and I had the impression that it is the same
for C7. My mistake. And i thought about 64bit system, as I'm planning
to use ZFS and as I understand, this 64bit architecture is
recommended.

Any way - thanks for clarification.

Cheers,

Wiktor Niesiobedzki