Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:23:56 +0000
From:      Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about the mascot

My 2 cents about this.

Even people like me that are not on the developmente team (yet) of our
lovely OS are proud of the state it is , the logo and of course the project
in general and like me lot of people is working and studying hard so we can
contribute in the near future with new enhancements or ports.

For me FreeBSD is  superior to LOT of other OSs out there, free or not and
believe me that I know what I'm talking about and talking about real life
solutions.

For me the logo and mascot is perfectly as it is. Nothing more to say.

I'm proud to be part of this community and I can say that everywhere. I
don't care people thinks is not a good marketing strategy or people think
we are "devils". Just as a test I'm sure that if we have a survey about if
we would like to change the logo for something nicer (like and angel) most
of us would vote "NO".

Just to give more arguments to those who think we are "devil compatible".
Go to this site:

	http://www.trevi.com

there go to MENU->PHOTO GALLERY on the frame on the rigth take a look on
pictures: gloria003.jpg , gloria010.jpg .
You could see some stickers of our mascot also (there are some more
pictures on the site where the sticker is used also, I just wanted to give
you these one as a reference) and by the way, according to some "good"
people that girl also has relations with the devil, that's why she had
those pictures with the bad guy on her body...enjoy . Oh!, one last thing,
I didn't check what OS that site is using... ;)