Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:32:43
From:      "Aaron Hill" <hillaa@hotmail.com>
To:        vdrifter@ocis.ocis.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Web Proxy with Filtering

>Is anyone aware of a web proxy program (like squid) that can
>filter? (ie: refuse to display a web page with undesirable words /
>phrases or blacklisted sites).

Yes. We use Squid (2.3) with the SquidGuard redirector. We have the
redirector configured to ban porn sites based on the black list also
available on SquidGuards site plus redirect downloads to some common/large
files to a local server.

You can find SquidGuard here...

http://www.squidguard.org

... I use the 1.1.5 (I think) development version but I've noticed
squidguard 1.1.4 is also in the ports under www/squidguard. The difference
between 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 is a tiny change in the Makefile I think. Check the
changelog on the site if you'd like to be sure.

Regards
Aaron Hill