Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:37:29 -0800
From:      Arun Sharma <adsharma@unix-os.sc.intel.com>
To:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Running on SKI ?

I tried to run on SKI and found a bunch of issues:

1) machdep.c: Assertion failure

#ifndef SKI
        /* Map the memory mapped I/O Port space */
        KASSERT(ia64_port_base != 0,
            ("%s: no I/O port memory region", __func__));
        map_port_space();
#endif

2) Writing to ar.fcr gives a general exception. I had to comment it out:

swtch.s:

  //mov   ar.fcr=r16

3) Alternate data TLB faults in msgaddchar. This is where I got stuck.

4) The SKI config file needs COMPAT_FREEBSD4 - otherwise the code doesn't
   compile.

Also, other unrelated questions:

- Is there a way to make symbols work with SKI ? symlist shows the
  symbols for dfr's bootloader, but not for the kernel.

- Is there a way to make boot_verbose work with this bootloader ?

	-Arun