Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:41:28 -0500
From:      Henrik Hudson <lists@rhavenn.net>
To:        "Jay Austad" <austad@marketwatch.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: booting without keyboard

Afternoon-

Yes, but you have to recompile your kernel. Find the line in your kernel =
that=20
has:

device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1

Normally, there is a "flag something something" after the irq 1 . Remove =
the=20
flag, recompile and install the kernel and now when you plug in a keyboar=
d=20
later it will find it.

Henrik

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 13:48, Jay Austad wrote:
> If I boot without a keyboard and plug one in later, it doesn't work.  I=
> there a way to boot FreeBSD with no keyboard, but still have it work
> when I plug one in after it has booted?
>
> Jay

--=20