Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 1997 16:41:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matt Hamilton <matt@clintondale.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   UPSd and SmartUPS

Hi All,
  I have a SmratUPS 700 (110v) and I'm trying to get upsd to work with it.
I'm pretty sure my serial ports are set up OK... I have nothing else to
test them with.  I have both sio0 and sio1 in my kernel.
 When I try and load UPSd it says that it can't put the UPS into smart
mode.  I presume this means "I can't communicate with the UPS".
  Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

-Matt

PS does anyone have a upsd.conf file for a 110v SmartUPS?

  Matt Hamilton                                         Clintondale Aviation
  matt@clintondale.com                            http://www.clintondale.com