Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:38:13 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Ahmed SAHNOUN <asahnoun@telecom.insa-lyon.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bind9 install

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 10:27:15AM +0100, Ahmed SAHNOUN wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> I would like to install bind9 on my FreeBSD 4.7, So I'm using ports for t=
hat :
>=20
> cd /usr/ports/net/bind9
> make=20
> make install
>=20
> after those steps, when I invoke "named -version" command, I see that's 8=
!!
> also "man named" commands gives information only about version 8!
>=20
> Any idea?

You are inadvertently using the base system version of named. Try

# /usr/local/sbin/named -version

That should do the trick.

I have the following variables in my /etc/make.conf to run bind9 installed
from ports:

named_enable=3D"YES"
named_program=3D"/usr/local/sbin/named"
named_args=3D"-t /var/named -u bind -c /named.conf"

The last line sets up bind9 so that it is chrooted into /var/named, you
might want to check that out.

HTH,

--Stijn

--=20
"What kind of a two-bit operation are they running out of this treehouse,
 Cooper? I have seen some slipshod backwater burgs, but this place takes the
 cake."
		-- Special Agent Albert Rosenfield, "Twin Peaks"

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua--