Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:15:20 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        stevek@guide.chi.il.us (Steve Kacsmark)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Extremely Large ATA drives and BSD

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 22:06:20 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions
you wrote:

>FreeBSD 2.2.7 recognizes my Maxtor 11.5GB harddrive as a 8.4GB drive....
>Is this a limitation of FreeBSD or an error on my part?

You need to upgrade to 2.2.7 stable.  The drivers were not ready in
time for inclusion in the 2.2.7 release aparently.  Use CVSUP to
download the source tree and rebuild your OS.  Its fairly straight
forward and there are excellent docs online.

	---Mike