Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:50:47 +0200
From:      Thorsten Greiner <thorsten.greiner@web.de>
To:        Bob Fleck <bob@securesoftware.com>
Cc:        nate@root.org
Subject:   Re: clock works slowly when I change CPU speed

* Bob Fleck <bob@securesoftware.com> [2003-08-15 22:46]:
> So, what should be done to restore the proper behavior of the
> timekeeping on these systems?

$ dmesg | grep counter
Timecounter "i8254"  frequency 1193182 Hz
Timecounter "ACPI-fast"  frequency 3579545 Hz
Timecounter "TSC"  frequency 1595302164 Hz
$ sysctl -w kern.timecounter.hardware=i8254

Fixes the problem for me. I suspect you should set this in
/etc/sysctl.conf to enable it permanently.

Regards

        -Thorsten

--
One good reason why computers can do more work than people is that they
never have to stop and answer the phone.