Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 1996 07:56:45 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Heads up!  obj changes coming via sup/CTM.

My changes to support the linkless-obj tree have now gone into
-current and will appear shortly in peoples' trees.  The bootstrap
for this involes a slight "stutter" due to the make changes.  Rather
than launch right into building the world, please type:

	cd /usr/src/usr.bin/make
	make clean all install

Then make the world as you normally would (and *do* make the world,
your /usr/obj will need to be rebuilt and the new mk files installed).

The first thing you'll probably notice is that your obj symlink
has gone away.  Don't worry - things are still going into /usr/obj,
it's just not being done through a symlink.  If you want the symlink
back for other reasons, type `make objlink' at any level of the
tree.

Well, wish me luck - I'm off to compile the world from a CD.. :-)

					Jordan