Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:23:41 +1100
From:      Sam Wun <swun@eSec.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc@eSec.com.au
Subject:   Connect Ipsec between openbsd and freebsd

Hi,

I want to connect ipsec from openbsd to a freebsd box thru some tunnels.
I know how to setup ipsec in freebsd by recomipling the kernel and using
spdadd to define policies with setkey. It works fine between freebsd
boxes. But not sure how to connect it to other different systems, for
example, openBSD.
In openBSD, isakmpd is used for setting ipsec. I konw we can use
certificate with isakmpd in OpenBSD. What about in FreeBSD? What should
this 2 systems comproised before the ipsec tunnel can be established
between them?

Thanks
Sam.