Date:      Tue, 27 May 2008 14:14:40 -0500
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        "Nigel Houghton" <nigel@sourcefire.com>
Cc:        gahn <ipfreak@yahoo.com>, freebsd security <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: freebsd and snort

On 5/27/08, Nigel Houghton <nigel@sourcefire.com> wrote:
> On 5/27/08 2:51 AM, "gahn" <ipfreak@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>  > Hello all:
>  >
>  > I tried to install snort under /usr/ports/security and have some problems.
>  > with "make all", I checked every item on the menu but I got error messages:
>  >

>  3. Did you try to contact the port maintainer or file a bug report? (the
>  port needs updating anyway)

The maintainer knows about the broken state of FLEXSRESP2 patch, as he
was the one who submitted the change to mark it broken in revision
1.70 (2006/08/30 04:26:53 clsung) when it was first introduced.

It also looks like snort 2.8.1 now incorporates the FLEXRESP2 patch in
the main source.  I submitted PR 124048 to remove the BROKEN state of
FLEXRESP2.

>  Having said all that, I don't know why flexresp2 is needed for a plain snort
>  build.

The default state for FLEXRESP2 is OFF.  The only OPTION that is
enabled is dynamic plugin support (DYNAMIC) for a plain snort build.

Scot