Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:27:07 +0000
From:      Keith Walker <kew@ior.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP/DHCP problems

I have a FreeBSD box running user-ppp and my daughter's machine
hooked up to it via ethernet on the 192.168.0 thing. As long as
her machine is assigned a static IP, then the ppp aliasing works
fine. If I let DHCP assign her machine an IP number, the ppp
-alias feature doesn't seem to work anymore. Has anyone else seen
this and fixed it?

BTW, I wanted to do this because lately my FreeBSD box has been
in and out of Windows (doing some Delphi programming for work), I
don't want her machine to get cut off when mine is in Windows,
and the only free NAT (alias) program for Windows insists on
using DHCP for IP assignment.

My machine: FreeBSD current, although this problem is the same
under 3.2, too.

Thanks!

--
Keith Walker, Spokane, WA
FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT (ASUS) #11: Sat Aug  7 10:27:27 PDT 1999