Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:30:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using a VSLI Vision camera (with Brooktree?)

I have a Rockwell QuartzSight Camera.

It is really a VSLI Vision Limited.

The camera is about a three-inch, gray cylinder. It can be swiveled. The
camera itself looks like an eyeball; it can be rotated. It has an
approximately 8-foot long attached gray cable, with a small adapter that
plugs into the included PCI card. This eye says "Vision" and "4.8mm". The
cable has "FCC MT2433505" and "Ser.No. 174002".

(Rockwell recommends using iPhotoExpress software under Windows.)

I am successfully able to watch videos with fxtv by plugging in a VCR into
the same card (but different connection). (My audio is direct from VCR to
my sound card.)

The PCI card is detected (under NetBSD) like:

 pchb1 at pci0 dev 7 function 3
 pchb1: VIA Technologies product 0x3050 (rev. 0x00)
 bktr0 at pci0 dev 10 function 0
 bktr0: interrupting at irq 12
 bktr0: Warning - card vendor 0x127a (model 0x0165) unknown.
 bktr0: Miro TV, <no> tuner.
 Brooktree product 0x0878 (miscellaneous multimedia, revision 0x02) at
 pci0 dev 10 function 1 not configured

Any ideas on how to get this "pci0 dev 10 function 1" configured?

Does anyone know about this camera under BSD?

Or any suggestions on how I can research this further?

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/