Date:      Sat, 17 May 2008 09:03:31 +0200
From:      Harry Matthiesen Jensen <freebsd@elgert.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wireless network

Hello there,

I just installed FreeBSD on my laptop, a Toshiba Satellite Pro L40.
Everything is working nicely, even X with the intel driver.

The laptop has a buildin wireless network, presenting itself during boot
as:

ugen0: <vendor 0x0bda RTL8187B_WLAN_Adapter,
class 0/0, rev 2.00/2.00,addr 2> on uhub2

For some reason it is registered as an USB item.

I have not been able to find a driver for this, and I know that it can
be tricky to get it up running.

Have any of you guys had any luck with this type of wireless? ..or
should I just stick to a new USB wireless adapter, known to be working in
FreeBSD?

--
Mvh/Brgds Harry
FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT Compiled at Mon May 12 19:58:10 CEST 2008  i386