Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 20:09:46 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andreas Mutschlechner <amutsch@abaid.com>
Cc:        Josh Tiefenbach <josh@zipperup.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq RAID controllers and mirrored boot disks

Hello,

I recently installed FBSD3.3 on a Compaq Prolian 3000 with SmartRaid 3200.
You have to create your own boot disk. Here are the steps to do this:
1) Put int /sys/i386/conf/GENERIC the compaq raid drivers  and compile the
   kernel and gzip it.
2) Mount the bootdisk and copy the gzipped kernel.
3) Begin the installation. Install the sys sources too
4) ATTENTION: Before you exit the installation process, you should
   install a new kernel with compaq support, else FreeBSD won't start.

Andreas