Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:36:38 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        Matthew Bettinger <mbettinger@championelevators.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: crontab -e

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Matthew Bettinger wrote:

> Thanks all.
>
> By the way  now I'm getting some more errors  Check this out.
>
> Dec  5 13:05:00 tester /usr/sbin/cron[26639]: getting vmemoryuse resource
> limit: Invalid argument
> Dec  5 13:05:00 tester /usr/sbin/cron[26643]: getting vmemoryuse resource
> limit: Invalid argument
> Dec  5 13:05:00 tester /usr/sbin/cron[26643]: getting vmemoryuse resource
> limit: Invalid argument
>

> I looked in sysctl -a for vmemoryuse but found none.  Is there a way I can
> increase this limit?

Cron is attempting to run jobs from some user's crontab. To do that, it
sets up the process environment to spawn that job. That involves
processing the appropriate login.conf entry (to set process limits).
Looking at the source, it's hard to see why the call that's failing
should break.

NB: with "Fundamental Human Rights" come "Fundamental Human Responsibilities".