Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 15:32:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "r.w.h" <omgitsrob@home.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: question to get back on the net.

There is already a response to the DHCP aspect of the question...

For the es1371, add the following to your kernel configuration, and
recompile:

device		pcm

This assumes a fairly recent 4.x system.  You should see something like:

pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1371> port 0x1440-0x147f irq 10 at device 15.0 on pci0

in your dmesg when you reboot.  After the system is back up, run:

cd /dev ; ./MAKEDEV snd0

And you should have sound.

Joe Clarke