Date:      Sun, 18 Nov 2001 21:34:13 +0100
From:      "Dennis" <trm@daydreamer.dk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Computer wont boot after install of BSD 4,4

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis" <trm@daydreamer.dk>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2001 6:59 PM
Subject: Computer wont boot after install of BSD 4,4

> Hiya!
> After a long strugle with my Netserver LC5 i finally got FreeBSD 4,4
> installed on the computer - but after the first reboot then my problems
> started.
> The boot menu comes up fine where i can press f1 to start freebsd, the
only
> problem is that the pc speaker just goes *biip* if i press f1 likewies i
> dos'nt bot automaticly after a few secs like it should.
> Its a LC5 with onboard aic 7770 scsi controller (the type that needs the
> 'eisa 12' to work) if that has anything to say?
> Any hints?

Okai i have done some digging and talked to some people on irc and get it
booed by putting an enty floppt in the drive so i get the bootloadet up ,
then i type da(0,a) and it boots up and stops in the midle of the hardware
probe and thereafter dumps me in a 'mountroot' shell.
I have some idea this might be becase it did'nt detect my onboard scsi, in
order for that to work i need to type 'eisa 12' just after i pressed a
button with the 'booting kernel in 10 secons yadadadad'.
But that dos'nt appear anymore?! (the 'booting kernel in yadad' that is) how
do i get that back so i can set the 'eisa 12' parameter?
Its a totally fresh intallation...

Regards
Dennis