Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:01:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      saxon <saxon@cydonia.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cvsup

Hello.
I have completely hosed my source tree. I am very new to FreeBSD and would
like to know how to repair it.
I have gone to the FreeBSD.org site and fetched the stable-supfile and ran
the command. Not entirely sure if this stable-supfile is for the proper
version of FreeBSD that I have. This is the command I ran.

pkg_add -f ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CVSup/cvsupit.tgz

As I went through the process of updating the system, two things occured.

1) At the end of the process, it says I am not in the USA. I selected that
I am in the USA on the little script that runs the cvs thing. Why would it
say I'm not?

2) It says that I need to put a   "." in instead of the other options if I
am working on 3.0.   However, this is for the 3.0-current. I am running
3.0 stable and would like to restore my source tree and everything to it's
original state.

Question: Is this the proper way to stay up to date with newer versions of
the 3.0-stable version?
I want to be able to catch all the little updates that come out but am far
from being brave enough to tackle -current.
I hope I have made some sense with this mail.
Thank you