Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:10:57 -0500
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        Lemle Geza <lemleg@fw.opsys.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: proftpd and authentication failure

>when I make a virtual server with its own password database and
>directory, the user (which is only in this database, but not a UNIX user)
>can log in, but can not write, unless 777 permission is granted on the
>directory. My question: is there any way to have some more restrictive
>permisions on the directory?

Well I'm not using proftpd in this manner so I haven't had to figure
this one out (yet).  But I will suggest that you will probably find
answers to detailed proftpd questions more quickly by consulting:

- the proftpd web site:     http://www.proftpd.org
- the proftpd mailing list: (see the web site for details)
- the proftpd faq:          http://hamster.wibble.org/proftpd/proftpdfaq-8.htm

-Mitch