Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:31:50 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Touch pad problem on HP n5470 Laptop

I can't get the mouse working on a new HP Pavilion 5470 laptop.  I just
installed and cvsuped, made world and get this in my dmesg.  It's my guess
that the second atkbd0/psm1 are the problem.  Does anyone have an idea what
I should do?

atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
kbd0 at atkbd0
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0
atkbd1: <AT Keyboard> flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
kbd1 at atkbd1
psm1: unable to allocate the IRQ resource (12).

The BIOS has an auto/both option for the touch pad and/or an external
mouse.  Unfortunately there is no touch pad only option.

Thanks,

ed