Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:21:57 +0000
From:      "David S. Geirsson" <andmann@andmann.eu.org>
To:        midiostri@in.gr
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATI rage 128 connected to a tv-set

You should be sure that you are running at 640x400 (heard somewhere that
800x600 works too, not sure thought). Also, you MUST run at 60hz when
outputting to a TV.

All the advice I can give you. :)

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 03:45:11PM +0300, midiostri@in.gr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to connect my freebsd box to a tv-set.
> So, I got myself an "ATI rage 128" card (has S-video output) and,
> after Ted's suggestion a TView gold*, to try this too.
>
> I've tried them both and TView seems to work, more or less, OK.
>
> My question concerns the ATI card:
> this gives a more acceptable quality than TView but it
> won't display XWindows. When I startx, my tv-set just goes black.
>
> I've setup the Xserver with lots of different monitor-settings
> but when I try to run XWindows I get nothing but blackness on
> the tv.
>
> Any advise/suggestion will be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Dimitri
>

> *TView is an extra apparatus that connects the tv-set to the
> graphics card.

Davíð Steinn Geirsson
andmann@andmann.eu.org
(354)-8696608

"Support staff hung over, Send aspirin and come back LATER."