Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 14:19:43 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Font <font@Mcs.Net>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Steven Ames <steve@news.cioe.com>, wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI/Tape problem?

Font scribbled this message on Jan 9:
> (Now if I only know what "Sending SDTR!!" meant on boot for the WD
> drives...)

well..  I got that message from the CAM scsi code and my ahc2842...
it turns out that the external cable has a pin shoved in, so that it
wasn't making contact... when I pulled the pin out, things when back
to normal... so check your cabling...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD