Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:25:22 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/local/share/doc/ ?

Hi Joe!

On  3 Mar 02 at 11:51 you wrote:

> I can access these hmtl files from the FBSD command line by lynx
> /usr/local/share/doc/postfix/basic.hmtl but lynx leaves so much to be
> desired in what it displays that I tried to use one of the lan
> winbox's IE browser
> http://10.100.100.111/usr/local/share/doc/postfix/basic.hmtl and
> comes up not found. I use http://10.100.100.111/ to get to my apache
> server.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Your Apache server doesn't serve the entire /usr tree out to the world
(and you really don't want it to).

Try adding 'Alias /postfix-docs /usr/local/share/doc/postfix' to your
httpd.conf and restarting Apache. Then you should be able to access
http://10.100.100.111/postfix-docs/basic.html from your winbox.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Money is the root of all evil.  For more info send $39