Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 1997 23:15:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   inn port

I know this isnt exactly the right place to ask this.. but I have a pretty
simple question about INN. (I think :) ). Should the INN port run "out of
the box" ? It seems to boot ok, no error message, and

12183  p0  I      0:00.00 /bin/sh /usr/local/etc/rc.news
12184  p0  I      0:00.10 /bin/sh /usr/local/news/bin/innwatch

are running. Nothing is generated in the log files(/var/log/news). I
cannot telnet into the nntp port 119, I get connection refused immedialty.
Im doing this from the same machine it is running on, and have added
additional hosts to nnrp.access with the same result. I have access to our
companys News server, which I obviosuly didnt configure. It doesnt look
very difficult to at least get something up and running...