Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 2002 12:39:53 +0200
From:      Jan-Mark Wams <jms@cs.vu.nl>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Enhance online reading.

I think the handbook is great!

It is not the content I would like to call your attention to, but rather
the way the online version can be browsed.

I use the keyboard to navigate the pages. But I always grab the mouse to
klick on "next".

On some small site for the Uni, I had a simular problem. I put a
ok-button only form on the pages. This way a <enter> (or on most
systems a <space>) will trigger the "ok" button and send me to
the next page. It worked under Mac-IE Mac-Netscape (serveral
versions), *BSD en Linux Konqueror, Opera, Netscape (multiple
versions) and IE, Netscape and Opera on the Windows platforms.

I used this html code:

<form action="NEXT URL" method="POST" name="frm">
     <input type="submit" name="okb" value="&nbsp;NEXT&nbsp;&gt;&gt;">
</form>

Than I added a "focus()" to the BODY tag like this:

This will enhance the system a bit. Non JavaScript systems (this I
tested) will ignore the onLoad param.

Even if focus is not on the form, there is still something to
klick on. Only it looks like a button, not a link.

I think the button is better looking, but that is my taste.

Adding a simular thing to the online handbook would enhance my
browsing experience!

Thanx for reading till...

the end.

Jan-Mark