Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 1998 08:50:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Johan Allard <allard@NetMan.SE>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        Dima Ruban <dima@best.net>, Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel permissions

Indeed something to work on. An excellent suggestion.

On the whish list I would like to add support for IPsec. It must be
possible to port the code from OpenBSD. Since OpenBSD is exported from
Canada it is possible to use it with strong encryptions even here in
Europe. If it is possible to import the OpenBSD code with regular patches
using ports it would be possible to include it in FreeBSD and use it
worldwide.

The world indeed be a better place if we could use IPsec with FreeBSD.

//johan allard