Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 2002 10:03:27 +0100 (MET)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@si.FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marc Cuypers <m.cuypers@pandora.be>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: nagios-plugins-1.3.b1

> I'm running freebsd 4.4 (I will upgrade soon), and ran into the following
> problem.
>
> I installed nagios which was installed ok.  But I also need the plugins to
> run it so....
> I tried to install the plugins for nagios but I got the following error
> during make:

Sorry for the late reply. Apparently you're not using the port at all, but are
directly compiling the nagiosplug software. You should cvsup the latest ports
collection and then do the following:

cd /usr/ports/net/nagios-plugins
make all install

If you want to compile directly (without using the port), you'll probably have
to use GNU make (gmake) instead of the FreeBSD make. But I still strongly
advise you use the port, because it contains many patches, etc.