Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 21:13:46 -1000 (HST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Cc:        Stephen Hocking <shocking@houston.rr.com>, jolan <jolan@enteract.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gravis Ultrasound PnP

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 22:20:47 -0500, Stephen Hocking wrote:
> > > I'm seeing this now, with a PnP CS423x, but only when the AGP device is enabled. It happens all the time.
> > >

> > Following up  I just went and bought one of those el-cheapo Yamaha YMF724 PCI sound cards. It works fine (when I don't have the PCM channel overdriving the onboard amp!). I see a common thread with the stuff that's playing up - they all seem to be ISA cards. Is it possible that DMA under ISA is messed up for sound?
> >

> Yeah, it could be that they're ISA cards.
>
> I wonder if there are any ISA cards that actually work well.  That might
> tell us something.  (It also might tell me what card to go out and buy --
> my GUS hasn't worked well since newpcm went in the tree -- i.e. for a year.
> If I knew of an ISA card that worked well, I might try it.)

	Well, the Terratec AudioSystem EWS64XL works well and can be found
at http://www.terratec-us.com but the website seems to be down tonight.  I
have both my original GUS, GUS Max v1.8 and Gus PnP in other machines at
the moment.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin