Date:      Tue,  9 Jan 2007 10:10:07 +0100 (CET)
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        NAKATA Maho <chat95@mac.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, stas@FreeBSD.org, kris@obsecurity.org, portmgr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Migration to gfortran42

 > Dear maintainers using Fortran and portmgr,
 > First, portmgr@
 > for migration purpose only I'd like to add
 >> WANT_FORTRAN=yes
 >> USE_GCC=4.2+
 > to each port that requires fortran. is it okay? if build is broken
 > with this fortran, I'll fix, the I'll commit. Could you please approve
 > my commits?

I would like to have the option of NOT using gcc 4.2. I am happy with
the stock compiler in 6.x and don't use other FORTRAN ports requiring
f90.
At a minimum the libraries version must be changed so that older
applications still work if by mistake we reinstall the libraries. I
have a lot of programs compiled with lapack I don't want to rebuild.

Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Zucconi -- PGP Key: KeyID: 400B38E9