Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 20:48:03 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Greg=20Quinlan?= <gwq_uk@yahoo.com>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxp NIC error!

Hi All,

I once came across a problem in connecting two auto
sensing interfaces using a X-over UTP cable.

The resolution to the problem was to connect both
pieces of equipment to a HUB. Or set one to a constant
speed. (It was connecting a NIC in my server directly
to a Cisco Router's NIC.)

(I noticed that someone had a similar PR; Intel NIC's
connecting to a Cisco router with a timeout error.)

Unfortunately setting the interface to a constant
speed did not get it working, but the Cisco router did
detect the speed change!

Should I get a different Intel NIC, do more current
ones have the same problem?

Regards

Greg

--- David Greenman <dg@root.com> wrote: > >Intel
EtherExpress Pro 10/100 EEPROM contents: